Readers of the blog might be interested in the "Intelligent Agents in Urban Simulations and Smart Cities" workshop at the ECAI-2012 Conference in Montpellier, France, August 27 or 28, 2012.
To quote from the call for papers:
In this workshop, we intend to address specific methodological and technological issues raised by the deployment of agents in rich environments such as virtual cities. We will welcome contributions tackling issues related to reactive agents, cognitive architectures, the capacity to scale up to handle thousands or hundreds of thousands of agents, the ability to simulate realistic group behaviors which might be judged non rational, etc., all in the context of urban agents. We will also welcome contributions showcasing original applications of agent and multi-agent technologies within urban simulations, be it for design, planning, education, training, or entertainment.
- Vincent Corruble (contact), Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6), France
- Fabio Carrera, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), USA
- Stephen Guerin, Santa Fe Complex, USA
- *6 June 2012*: Workshop paper submission deadline
- 28 June 2012: Notifications to authors (subject to modification)
- 13 July 2012: Submissions of camera-ready copies of selected papers
- 27 or 28 August 2012: Workshop date
- 12 page max. submissions, Springer Verlag LNCS conference format Contact: Vincent Corruble (firstname.lastname@example.org) workshop page: http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~corruble/IAUSSCws/Home.html